Thursday 2 June 2016

Easy & Fun Sock Donut Craft

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Mmm...donuts!"  They're so tasty and have gone so gourmet lately!  When I saw these sock donuts at my local drop-in program, I knew I had to try making them at home.  Cue today, when my younger son took an amazingly long nap, so my daughter and I had some crafty bonding time.


All you need are socks, and whatever decorations you want to put on top!  It was so fun to decorate these sock donuts and it was so good for my daughter's fine motor skills.  She cut, glued, rolled and assembled her own donuts and it kept us busy for well over an hour!


Materials:
  • socks
  • scissors
  • glue (we used white glue and hot glue)
  • decorations - felt, pipe cleaners, beads, string, fun foam, etc.
 
Method:
  1. Take a sock and cut the toe open, so the sock forms a tube.
  2. Roll the sock on itself until you get a donut shape.  Adhere the ends with a little glue so it doesn't unroll.


  3. Cut out and glue different decorations on top.  Be careful to use strong glue if you have a little one and choose to decorate with beads!

  4. Let them dry!  You can use them as food items in your play kitchen, or sing this donut song with them!  You can also use them for the Five Little Monkeys song, replacing "monkeys" with donuts.
We hope you have lots of fun making and decorating these sock donuts and playing with them! Ours make me want to get a cronut!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...